ASF exists for the benefit of its members. Thanks to fair and firm negotiations with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, union benefits have steadily grown over years
ASF stands for Administrative and Service Faculty. It is the collective bargaining association representing non-teaching faculty who serve in professional positions at the seven state universities within the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
Our members work in academic and student-oriented departments such as admissions, advising, cultural diversity, financial aid, fundraising, grants, health services, institutional research, intramurals, program administration, registrar office, residential life, student affairs, student services, student union and sports information. We are often primary contacts for students enrolling at university campuses in Bemidji, Mankato, Marshall, Moorhead, St. Cloud, the Twin Cities, and Winona.
ASF is dedicated to the recruitment and retention of students, the promotion of excellence in learning and to students achieving ultimate success. We take pride in our professionalism, our publication, our awards and the recognition we receive in our fields.
Teamster Membership Includes:
- Membership in a union representing over 1 million people, with a vast diversity of occupations.
- Teamster Service Bureau offering a variety of professional counseling services.
- Teamster attorneys for association consultation and advice on contract and labor law issues.
- Legislative lobbying on issues that impact public employees.
- Partial return of ASF dues to campus associations for direct member benefits.